- What happened in Joplin on Sunday, May 22, 2011?
- Where is Dexter when the tornado hits?
- Who is Jeremy?
- Who is Zeke?
- Does the car hit Dex? Why not?
- What is the name of Dr. Gage’s TV show?
- Why doesn’t Dex’s mom want him to chase the storm?
- What was the best thing Jeremy learned in his Navy SEAL training?
- What are supercells?
- How does Dr. Gage put the sound pods into the storm clouds?
- Which is more dangerous, an EF-1 tornado or an EF-5 tornado?
- Can radar show a tornado?
- In Dr. Gage’s story, how old is Dr. Gage?
- How many people died in the Super Outbreak of 1974?
- What kind of clouds make tornados?
- What hits Dexter?
- What does the hailstone smell like?
- What is hidden inside the storm cloud?
- How big is the tornado?
- What are the pink dots on the radar?
- What does the tornado sound like?
- Does the tornado pull Dex out the car window?
- Does the tornado lift the car off the ground?
- What saved them from being sucked into the sky?
- Where is Dr. Gage?
- Where is Dr. Gage bleeding?
- Who comes to help?
- Why doesn’t Dex go to the hospital?
- Is Dex’s house OK?
- Is Zeke OK?
- Are Dex’s parents OK?
- How many people died in the storm?
- Where did Dex’s parents hide from the tornado?
- What did Dex take from the SUV to give to Dr. Gage?
- What did Jeremy send to Dex?
Why I Wrote….
- Does the author have a favorite book in the I Survived series?
- Why does she always write about disasters?
At What Time….
At _____________________PM baseball-sized hail falls in Columbus, Kansas.
At _____________________PM the National Weather Service issues a tornado watch for Joplin.
At _____________________PM 28 tornado sirens wail in Joplin, Missouri.
At _____________________PM the tornado disappears into the sky.
At _____________________PM rail and hail fall in Parsons, Kansas.
At _____________________PM a new tornado warning is issued that includes all of Joplin.
Where do you go when you are at home and the tornado sirens sound?