by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- What are the names of the four children?
- What happened to their parents?
- Why don’t they like their grandfather?
- Where will the baker take Benny?
- What does Benny pretend to be?
- Where do the children sleep?
- Who is looking for the children?
- What do the children use to make beds?
- Where do the children go to get out of the rain?
- Why does Henry leave?
- What food did Jessie see in the woods?
- What is wrong with the dog?
- What does Henry being back from the store?
- What does Benny name the dog?
- What does Jessie make with the string?
- What is their funny refrigerator?
- Why does Henry go to town?
- What are three treasures they find at the dump?
- Why does Jessie want hot water?
- What does Henry have in his bundles?
- What work did Henry do?
- What did the cook give Henry?
- What does Mrs. Moore ask Henry to do?
- What did Benny build with the stones?
- How many hammers does the doctor have?
- What food do the children make?
- What does Benny carry in his cart?
- What do the children make?
- What does Jessie wash?
- What does Watch chase?
- How many eggs do they find?
- What are the children doing for the doctor?
- What are they paid for their work?
- How much is the reward to find the “lost children”?
- What does the winner of the free-for-all race get?
- What is Henry’s number?
- Who wins the free-for-all race?
- What did Henry buy for supper?
- What do they make out of Benny’s old stocking?
- What does Benny do to Watch?
- What happens to Violet?
- Who is the man who comes to see the doctor?
- What is the man’s name?
- Where is a cucumber growing?
- Where did Henry see the man before?
- Are the children happy the man is their grandfather?
- What did they eat?
- What is in Violet’s room?
- What is in Benny’s room?
- What is in Jessie’s room?
- What is the surprise?