by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- How old is each child? Henry, Benny, Violet and Jessie
- What did Mrs. MacGregor give them for the boxcar?
- What are 3 ideas they have for the party?
- Who is the painting of?
- What was their grandmother’s name?
- What happened to the necklace?
- Where did the police think the necklace might be?
- What does Jessie see in the newspaper?
- Who do the children visit?
- What time can they meet with Mrs. Harkins?
- Who loaned the necklace to Mrs. Harkins?
- What are the museum’s hours?
- Who do they talk to at the museum?
- Name 2 things about their picnic.
- What does the person on the phone tell Jessie?
- What happened to the drawing of the necklace?
- Who donated the necklace to the museum?
- Who is following them?
- Name 2 things they do in Kenniston Park.
- Who answers the door?
- Is Mrs. Newton friendly? What does she do to Jessie?
- What did grandfather put over the mantelpiece?
Chapter Seven: Part 1
- To what address house do the children ride their bikes?
- Who lives there?
- Who visits the house?
- What does Mrs. Barstow yell at Mrs. Garrison?
Chapter Seven: Part 2
- What does Benny drop?
- What will Henry give grandfather for his birthday?
- Why does everyone wake up?
- What are two things they notice in the living room?
Chapter Eight: Part 1
- Who calls Jessie on the phone?
- What does she want?
- Does she show up?
- Where will they meet Mrs. Garrison?
Chapter Eight: Part 2
- What does Jessie order at the ice cream shop?
- Who brings the necklace to grandfather?
- Who stole the necklace?
- Who threw away Violet’s drawing of the necklace?
- What does Jessie want to do with the necklace?
- What will Benny wear to the party?
- What kind of sweater do they buy for Grandfather?
- What kind of cake do they make?
- What present does Mrs. Newton bring?