Skylark by Patricia MacLachlan
- What makes everyone laugh when they are getting their picture taken?
- Whose name does Caleb write in the dirt? Why?
- Why is Seal “fat”?
- What was “between the lines” in Papa’s letters?
- Why do they want rain?
- Who are Mame and Moonbeam?
- What does Sarah do when Papa worries about the weather?
- Name 3 things the aunts write about in their letters.
- What did Caleb put on the fence post? Why?
- Why do they have to be careful with their water?
- Why are Caroline and her family moving?
- What happens to Sarah’s skirt?
- Does Sarah want to leave?
- What does Caleb dream about?
- What happens that is the “worst thing”?
- Does Sarah love the land?
- What does the coyote want?
- What 2 things are missing from the fence?
- Why do guests come to their house?
- What gift does Anna give Sarah?
- What catches on fire and burns?
- Who will move to Maine? Who will stay?
- Who cried when Jacob and Sarah married? Why?
- How do they get from the train station to the aunts’ house?
- Who is Brutus?
- How long was Sarah gone from Maine?
- How many kittens did Seal have?
- What do Anna and Caleb dream?
- Why is Sarah like a skylark and a prairie lark?
- What is “skinny dipping”?
- Does Caleb want to go to school in Maine?
- Where does Anna find Caleb?
- What is Papa’s news?
- Why is Anna worried that Sarah is pregnant?
- What does Sarah write in the dirt?
- Name 3 things that will come in the spring.