I Survived: The Hindenburg Disaster, 1937 by Lauren Tarshis
- What is the Hindenburg?
- What happened to it?
- Who does Hugo want to find?
- What is the German word for airship?
- Who is Panya?
- Are dogs allowed in the passenger areas?
- What job do Hugo’s parents have?
- Why did they live in Kenya?
- Why are they going home to New York City?
- Who is Germany’s leader?
- Who scared the snake on Hugo’s bed?
- How many times has Marty ridden in a zeppelin?
- Who does Marty’s father work for?
- What is the game that Gertie, Hugo and Marty play when they see new people?
- Who are the Nazis looking for?
- What does Hugo dream about?
- What ocean are they flying over?
- Why is everyone worried?
- Who is making the noise?
- What were the first zeppelins used as?
- What was Gertie’s temperature?
- Why is the zeppelin behind schedule?
- What does Gertie want?
- Why is Hugo sneaking around?
- Who is the spy?
- Does Mr. Singer see Hugo?
- What did the baboon do to distract the hippo?
- Who found Hugo and Panya?
- Does Colonel Kohl let Hugo take the dog to Gertie?
- Is Gertie still sick in the morning?
- Why can’t the zeppelin land when they reach New Jersey?
- Who helps Hugo stand up?
- How does Marty escape the fire?
- How does Colonel Kohl die?
- Why does Hugo curl into a ball on the ground?
- Where is Hugo?
- What is wrong with him?
- Is Gertie still sick?
Would you want to ride in a zeppelin?
- Are zeppelins the same as blimps?
- What could people see from a zeppelin’s windows?
- After the Hindenburg disaster, did anyone fly across the ocean in a zeppelin again?
Questions and Answers
- Did a bomb cause the disaster?
- What was the deadliest airship disaster? How many people died?
- Which is like a balloon: a blimp or a zeppelin?
- When did Adolf Hitler become the ruler of Germany?
- Did Americans refuse to sell helium to Germany?
- How much does it cost to ride a zeppelin today?