I Survived: The Eruption of Mount St. Helen’s, 1980 by Lauren Tarshis
- Name 3 things that happened when the volcano exploded.
- What does Skeleton Woman look like?
- Does Jess believe in Skeleton Woman?
- Which nearby mountain is most famous?
- Which nearby mountain is nearest Seattle?
- Which nearby mountain does Jess think is most beautiful?
- What was the wood from the trees used for?
- What does Clive do when he quits the lumber company?
- How did Jess’s dad die?
- Is Skeleton Woman in the cabin?
- What happens when they are in the cabin?
- What caused the trees to fall and the earth to shake?
- What are the small earthquakes a warning of?
- What is a “dormant” volcano?
- How long has Mount St. Helen’s been dormant?
- What did the Cowlitz tribe call St. Helen’s?
- Where is Mount Pelée?
- What came down the mountain after the first explosion?
- How many people died from the hot gas and ash?
- How thick is the earth’s crust?
- When does St. Helen’s make its first loud boom?
- In what mountain range is St. Helen’s located? (see picture)
- What is a steam explosion?
- How large is the crater at the top?
- Where is Jess’s Dad’s camera?
- What noises are missing from the mountain forest?
- Where is the camera?
- What do they smell?
- Where do the kids hide from the poisonous gas and ash?
- What hits Jess?
- Why is it dark?
- What do the kids use as smoke filters to breath?
- What happened to the forest?
- Why does Jess plan to leave without the boys?
- What happened to the water in the streams?
- How does Jess signal the helicopter?
- How does Jess see where the twins are?
- Where was Jess burned?
- How many people died in the explosion?
- Where did Jess move?
- Who will run Clive’s restaurant now?
- Why does the writer use boys as main characters?
- Are the I Survived books boy or girl books?
- Why was the Mount St. Helen’s eruption important?
- How large was the landslide?
- Was there a dramatic warning before the explosion?
- Can scientists predict volcanic explosions better today?
- Has Mount St. Helen’s erupted again?
- What is the horseshoe-shaped area called that contains the most dangerous volcanoes?