I Survived: The Great Chicago Fire, 1871 by Lauren Tarshis
- Where did the fire start?
- Where is Oscar from?
- How long ago did Papa die?
- What is Mr. Morrow’s job?
- What is the bad smell in Chicago?
- Why didn’t the bullet kill Papa?
- What happened to Oscar’s suitcases?
- What thing in his suitcase is Oscar most sad to lose?
- How many firemen are in Chicago?
- Who does Oscar see outside the Palmer House Hotel?
- What is the girl with braids name?
- What does Bruno love?
- What are the “red snowflakes” ?
- How many people died in the fire near Castle?
- Where are Jennie and Bruno?
- How did Oscar open the stuck door?
- Why did Oscar fall down?
- Who helps Oscar out of the house?
- Where will does Oscar think they will be safe?
- What are the dogs doing and and what are the rats doing in the fire?
- What does Jennie put on Bruno’s head? why?
- Why don’t the firefighters stand a chance?
- What was Jennie’s mother’s job?
- What happened to her mother?
- What happened to her father?
- Will Otis let Jennie quit the gang?
- What does Otis pull out of his jacket?
- What does Otis do to Oscar?
- What happened to the Palmer House hotel?
- Who called Oscar’s name?
- Where is Oscar’s mother?
- Why isn’t the bridge safe?
- Can Oscar swim?
- Can Mr. Morrow swim?
- Who is waiting at Mr. Morrow’s house?
- Who was the leader of Otis’s gang?
- What did the police find in Kildair’s house?
- Who likes to help Mama bake now?
- What will Bruno finally get?