Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson
- What is different about the new boy?
- Frannie’s brother Sean doesn’t talk, he signs. What does that mean?
- Describe Trevor.
- Who does the new boy eat lunch with?
- Does Frannie like Samantha? Why?
- Does Frannie like Maribel? Why not?
- What school does Frannie go to?
- What school does Sean go to?
- Why does Sean go to a special school?
- How did Trevor break his arm?
- What are some snacks that Ms. Johnson has brought to school?
- Why does Jesus Boy cry?
- Who is Lila?
- What job does Samantha’s father have?
- What is the shortest verse in the Bible?
- Why does Samantha think Jesus boy might be the real Jesus?
- Does Franny agree?
- Why did Frannie’s mother go to the hospital?
- What does “surreal” mean?
- What are the three things Sean is good at?
- What is Frannie good at cooking?
- Why is Frannie’s mom tired?
- What room does Frannie clean on Saturday?
- Where is she going with her father?
- What game is Sean playing?
- Does Jesus Boy know how to sign?
- What color is Jesus Boy’s dad?
- What singer does Frannie like?
- Describe Frannie’s grandma.
- Why does Samantha call Frannie?
- Does Frannie want to go to church?
- Why does Frannie go to church?
- Why do the girls talk to Sean?
- Why do they leave?
- Why does Trevor want to fight Jesus Boy?
- Why does Trevor fall down?
- Who helps Trevor?
- Read the poem at the beginning and draw a picture of “hope.”
- Is Jesus Boy Jesus?
- How does Frannie know?
- Why is Samantha sad?
- What are Frannie and her mom making for dinner?
- What did the doctor say?
- What are some things the students have in common?
- Why did Frannie help Trevor during the fight?
- What is meant by “a little bit of Jesus” is inside everyone?
- Is Jesus boy adopted?
- Are Frannie and Jesus Boy friends?
- Is Frannie too big for her mother’s lap?